What We Read


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Magna

    • Molly Jacobs isn't sure what she should do: Should she follow through with stealing some clothes for her friends from Magna the trendy girls clothing store where she works? Or should she do what she knows is right, even if it means losing her newfound popularity? Girls ages 10 to 15 make the choice in this interactive story and see how the consequences change Molly's life. Includes a contract and prayer to remind the reader of the importance of making godly decisions
    ~~~
    Magna is one of the first book that I got from Net Galley. Actually they gave me two different books in one title, Risky Business. I think it will be hard if I have to write the review all at once. So I decided to write each of them. Besides I have not finished the second.

    This is also the first book of Nicole O'dell that I read. The other two books has been published before Magna.

    This book started with Molly and her friends' idea to have a part time job in some place. Getting extra cash and a discount for cool clothes are their aims and Magna was the first place on their list. Because it was well known with its great clothes and accessories. At first everything ran well till Molly got some pressures. She had to take a tough decision. Every option has its own risk and consequences.

    In the beginning ,I liked the main character. Molly was smart and creative young girl. She knew lot of about fashion. But then I started to hate her just because she suddenly turned into clueless girl when the problems hit her. But It did not stop me from reading the next pages. I loved when Molly talked to
    her parents.
    At first I thought they seems so perfect and too good to be true. But still
    I love her parents.
    I enjoy when they shared everything. A good family relation is something that I look up to in fiction book.

    However there is one unnecessary thing included into the plot, it still moved smoothly. I never get stuck. I think I am going to read the Scenario 4.

    Something unique from the book is you can get two different ending

    Cover :
    The girls are cute but I prefer if they are not there. I wonder what will the designer put on the cover if they are not there. But I still fall for its color. The combination is lovely.

    3/5
    ~~~

    Author: Nicole O'Dell
    Reading level: Ages 9-12
    Hardcover: 352 pages
    Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR);
    First Edition edition: (May 12, 2009)
    Language: English
    Source: Net Galley
    Format: e-book

3 comments: